Posted on: February 20, 2021
The Engineering Manager manages, controls, and implements all
day to day plant engineering functions. Responsible to improve the
reliability and repeatability of production processes. Develops
standardized methods, material, equipment, and manpower for new
model launches and provides technical expertise in engineering
processes. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Controls all project/engineering activities for new business
and engineering changes for existing products.
- Establishes labor and method standards for all processes in the
- Coordinates activities of engineers to ensure adherence to time
- Manages and directs the work of maintenance technicians.
- Ensures all proper documentation and standard engineering
processes are followed.
- Ensures engineering is pro-active and responsive to needs of
the plant production lines.
- Works to minimize and maintain engineering costs in the
- Interfaces with customers to communicate problems and solutions
while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Manages special projects as requested by the General
- Assess, train and develop subordinates.
- Responsible for all customer specific requirements where
applicable, including those referenced in the QMS manuals.
- Frequent communication with all levels of management, corporate
support groups, Quality Assurance, and plant personnel.
- Frequent communication with customers is necessary.
- Responsible for related safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, a related technical field, or
- 8 plus years of experience in engineering.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing.
- 3 plus years of management experience. Competencies
- Performance Management
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Effective Communication Skills
- Computer Proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including
customers & suppliers
- Experience with part print reading, gage and tooling, and
materials and processes.
- Knowledge of related safety requirements.
- GD&T, Quality Function Development (QFD), Design for
Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Value Engineering
(VE), FEA, CAD, CAE, Reliability Engineering Plans, and SPC.
- ConfidentialitySupervisory ResponsibilityThis position manages
all employees of the department and is responsible for the
performance management and hiring of the employees within that
department. Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this
job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and on the
plant floor. Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate
objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is frequently required to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, talk
and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth
Keywords: Camaco-Amvian, Lorain , Engineering Manager, Executive , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!