Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager
Company: America's Best
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Company DescriptionAmerica's Best is part of National Vision,
one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the
United States. The America's Best brand continues to grow, with 800
stores and counting. Each location combines both parts of the
optical equation - eyewear and eye care - into one excellent
experience at a single low price.For more details about America's
Best, visit .At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to
see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality
eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.By overseeing
the daily operations of our stores, including personnel management
and inventory control, our Assistant Eyeglass Managers keep
customers coming back by providing a positive experience from start
to finish - and keeping associates happy, too.How would you like
Sundays off? Yes, every Sunday we're closed!Job DescriptionWhat
would you do? - The Specifics
- Drives, monitors, and achieves profit, sales and performance
goals according to National Vision standards. Monitors retail
operating costs, budgets, and resources.
- Optimizes and oversees the eyeglass department to ensure
efficiency and compliance with company's policies and operational
guidelines. Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action
plan for improvement.
- Conveys a commitment to providing outstanding customer service
and ensures all associates do the same.
- Ensures quality standards are met.
- Ensures effective merchandising and execution of marketing,
pricing promotions, and initiatives according to Brand and Company
- Supervises and motivates Opticians and CL Sales associates (in
some stores the Receptionist) and ensures the timely completion of
- Assists the General Manager with forecasting staffing needs,
recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber staff.
- Leads and coaches associates towards the attainment of sales
and customer service goals.
- Mentor potential Apprentice Opticians as permitted by
law.Qualifications Are you the right fit? - The Suitable Talent
- Maintain Optical license as required by the state.
- Optical sales experience. Supervising experience is
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build associate
- Sound understanding of store operations and standards for
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for
effective management of teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously
monitoring progress towards goals.
- Ability to analyze, create, and understand financial
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied
- ABO and NCLE Certified Additional InformationTaking care of our
peopleWe understand the importance of financial health and
security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation
to all Associates - including bonus potential for every position in
the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including
health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company
match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company
holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much
more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for
professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide
training programs, access to educational courses and pride
ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from
within.Please see our website to learn more. We are an equal
opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: America's Best, Lorain , Licensed Optician - Assistant Manager, Executive , Sandusky, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!