Health Unit Coordinator
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Provides a high level of customer service to patients, families,
visitors and employees to promote and supports the highest level of
patient experience. Performs administrative and clerical duties to
ensure efficient operational flow in their assigned
- Conducts an in-person greeting, welcome and orientation to the
unit for newly admitted and transferred patients.
- Responds to patient call lights in a manner that expedites
appropriate follow through.
- Makes rounds on patients throughout their hospital stay.
- Communicates and facilitates communication with patients,
families, other departments and health care team members regarding
- Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and
- Provides concierge service to assist patients and families with
way finding and directs them to available resources.
- Assembles and maintains patient medical records and other
documents related to patient care.
- Assists with unit clerical functions.
- Assists in trouble-shooting equipment failures such as call
system, portable phones, WOWs and other unit devices.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or-GED required.
- College degree preferred.Certifications:
- None required.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service-related
- Prior job experience with typing or computer training or
- Microsoft Office experience preferredPhysical Requirements:
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires frequent data entry, standing and walking for
extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected speech, hearing and vision.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or body
fluids.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , Health Unit Coordinator, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!