Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Company: HealthPro Heritage
Posted on: November 12, 2021
HealthPRO Heritage at Home has a PRN home health Physical
Therapist Assistant opening in the Huron and greater Erie County
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work
diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change
patient--------s lives for the better. As an Associate, your
dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If
you--------re looking for a career and straightforward and
realistic --------care-------- expectations, maybe it--------s time
to look at our company.
The Physical Therapy Assistant is a skilled technical worker who
performs direct resident care activities under the clinical
supervision of the Physical Therapist.
Responsibilities 1. Provide physical therapy treatments to
residents according to treatment plans developed by the Physical
2. Assist the Physical Therapist when performing tests,
evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
3. Observe, record and report to the therapist the conditions,
reactions and responses related to assigned duties.
4. Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress notes
on residents as directed by the therapist.
5. Assist with admission screening.
6. Assist the therapist in consulting with family members,
physicians and other health care professionals, as appropriate.
7. Assist with the care of the physical therapy department and
8. Assist the Physical Therapist with in-service programs and other
meetings as assigned by the Physical Therapist.
9. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
10. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare--------s regulatory
and professional standards and guidelines.
11. Attend and participate in, or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problems or needs.
12. Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
13. Perform other duties, as assigned.
14. Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates
therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
15. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement
16. Support the company--------s commitment to Compassionate Care;
project a professional image to foster confidence in the rehab.
17. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognize
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
18. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
Qualifications 1. Graduate of an approved Physical Therapy
2. Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the
state of practice.
3. Prefer experience in a setting serving the same age/type of
resident population served by this facility.
4. Excellent oral and written communication (neat handwriting) and
5. Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Physical
Therapist and the policies and procedures of the facility.
6. Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at
times, for prolonged periods:
----- - Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet,
especially for prolonged periods of time
----- - Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an
object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source
of the force -----" push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
----- - Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher
position, or moving an object laterally, from position to
position-Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May
be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person
or a mechanical lift
----- - Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist,
hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
----- - Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
away from the body
----- - Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling
when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving
Internal ID: 2021-48832 PandoLogic. Keywords: Physical Therapist
Assistant (PTA), Location: Lorain, OH - 44052
Keywords: HealthPro Heritage, Lorain , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!