RN Imaging CT MRI
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Provides regular professional nursing care to patients
undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized
patients in a variety of healthcare settings.Responsibilities:
- Provides professional nursing care to patients undergoing
diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized patients in a
variety of healthcare settings.
- Assesses patient; completes nursing assessment, documents
findings in patient records and notifies physician of abnormal
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family and health care team.
- Coordinates ongoing care. Identifies discharge needs and
facilitates discharge planning as appropriate.
- Provides telephone triage and call rotations per department
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments as directed by
physician or LIP in the treatment and management of patient
- Evaluates, initiates and maintains standards of care consistent
with CCHS policies and procedures.
- Assists with specialized patient care equipment as required by
the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by a
physician or LIP.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in the evaluation and
supervision of nursing care provided to patients.
- Establishes patient care priorities and delegates nursing
activities according to the patient needs and staff qualifications
- Serves as charge nurse when assigned to ensure efficient
operations and continuity of care.
- Participates in education, research and performance improvement
activities. Provides health education to patients and
- Develops, evaluates, adapts and documents education to meet
learning needs and abilities of patients and families.
- Assists in the preparation of department specific education for
patients and colleagues. Covers other nursing roles in the
- Maintains core competency in nursing (CPR, skills labs).
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) required. In areas performing moderate sedation procedures
must have current- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In areas operating with Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters
(PICC Lines), Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or
Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification is preferred
within three years of hire.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year recent RN experience required; two years of
recent RN experience preferred
- For Cardiac Catheterization or other related procedural areas,
one year of critical care experience in a hospital setting
- Current demonstrated clinical competence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.Physical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , RN Imaging CT MRI, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!