RN Hospital - Urology - FT/Days
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides regular professional nursing care to patients
undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized
patients in a variety of healthcare settings.Responsibilities:
- Provides professional nursing care to patients undergoing
diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized patients in a
variety of healthcare settings.
- Assesses patient; completes nursing assessment, documents
findings in patient records and notifies physician of abnormal
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family and health care team.
- Coordinates ongoing care. Identifies discharge needs and
facilitates discharge planning as appropriate.
- Provides telephone triage and call rotations per department
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments as directed by
physician or LIP in the treatment and management of patient
- Evaluates, initiates and maintains standards of care consistent
with CCHS policies and procedures.
- Assists with specialized patient care equipment as required by
the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by a
physician or LIP.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in the evaluation and
supervision of nursing care provided to patients.
- Establishes patient care priorities and delegates nursing
activities according to the patient needs and staff qualifications
- Serves as charge nurse when assigned to ensure efficient
operations and continuity of care.
- Participates in education, research and performance improvement
activities. Provides health education to patients and
- Develops, evaluates, adapts and documents education to meet
learning needs and abilities of patients and families.
- Assists in the preparation of department specific education for
patients and colleagues. Covers other nursing roles in the
- Maintains core competency in nursing (CPR, skills labs).
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) required. In areas performing moderate sedation procedures
must have current- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In areas operating with Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters
(PICC Lines), Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or
Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification is preferred
within three years of hire.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year recent RN experience required; two years of
recent RN experience preferred
- For Cardiac Catheterization or other related procedural areas,
one year of critical care experience in a hospital setting
- Current demonstrated clinical competence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.Physical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , RN Hospital - Urology - FT/Days, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!