LPN Ambulatory/Medical Assistant/Clinical Technician - Family Medicine
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Under the direction of a registered nurse, physician,
optometrist and/or podiatrist, performs patient care activities and
completes required documentation for patients of all ages.
- Performs patient care for patients of all ages and documents
patient care as per policy and guidelines.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse
reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides education and information to patients and family
- Provides minor maintenance and restocking of equipment.
- Maintains professional growth and development within nursing
- Participates in quality initiative and process.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees
in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides
guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical
- Current Ohio License as an LPN M-IV or LPN Meds
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA).Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate actions in volatile situations.Work Experience:
- Two years of patient care experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good hand-eye coordination, involves
extensive standing walking and occasional lifting.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , LPN Ambulatory/Medical Assistant/Clinical Technician - Family Medicine, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!