Physical Therapist, Lymphedema Outpatient, Amherst
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Physical Therapist, Lymphedema, Outpatient
Amherst Family Health Center
Join our team at Cleveland Clinic Amherst Campus Outpatient.
Interdisciplinary team approach in the patient management of
lymphedema. This position will allow the therapist to evaluate and
treat a variety of lymphedema and orthopedic patients at Amherst
and be part of our multidisciplinary team.
Outpatient clinic located 1959 Cooper Foster Park Rd, Lorain, OH
44053. Easy access from I-90.
No weekends or holidays
Prefer outpatient experience with Lymphedema rehabilitation.
Newly licensed considered with strong outpatient and lymphedema
clinical rotations.PLEASE STATE YOUR SPECIFIC INTEREST and
BACKGROUND IN YOUR COVER LETTER.Evaluates and conducts medically
prescribed physical therapy or occupational therapy lymphedema
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is
appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family
according to their capabilities and desires.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical
therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and
condition of the patient.
- Supervises activities of physical therapy assistants, students
and other support personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or certificate required.
- Must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy or Occupational
Therapy Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy or
Occupational Therapy Association.Certifications:
- Current State licensure as a Physical Therapist (PT) or
Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
required.Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills,
decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.Work
- Experience in Clinical area preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to walk and climb stairs without assistive device and
to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy
level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift
patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate
muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor
movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand
patient's description of symptoms and response to
treatment.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , Physical Therapist, Lymphedema Outpatient, Amherst, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!