Occupational Therapist, Lymphedema Outpatient, Amherst
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Occupational Therapist, Lymphedema, Outpatient
Amherst Family Health Center
Join our team at Cleveland Clinic Amherst Campus Outpatient.
Interdisciplinary team approach in the patient management of
lymphedema. This position will allow the therapist to evaluate and
treat a variety of lymphedema and orthopedic patients at Amherst
and be part of our multidisciplinary team.
Outpatient clinic located 1959 Cooper Foster Park Rd, Lorain, OH
44053. Easy access from I-90.
No weekends or holidays
Prefer outpatient experience with Lymphedema rehabilitation.
Newly licensed considered with strong outpatient and lymphedema
clinical rotations.PLEASE STATE YOUR SPECIFIC INTEREST and
BACKGROUND IN YOUR COVER LETTER.Evaluates and treats patients with
physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits which
impact their abilities to successfully perform independent living
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform
independent living skills and designs the appropriate plan of care,
including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities and
documents subjective and objective findings of patient
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient
- Directs and supervises the activities of support
- Acts a clinical instructor or participates in the education and
evaluation of students.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must be graduate of an Occupational Therapy Program accredited
by the American Occupational Therapy Association.Certifications:
- Current Ohio Licensure as Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare providers.Complexity of
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills,
decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.Work
- Experience in clinical area preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to walk without assistive device and to maintain
balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy
level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift
patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate
muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor
movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand
patient's description of symptoms and response to
treatment.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Evaluates and treats patients with physical,
emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits which impact
their abilities to successfully perform independent living
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , Occupational Therapist, Lymphedema Outpatient, Amherst, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!