LSW, Social Worker - Lorain County
Company: Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Licensed -Social Worker assists patients and families by
providing resources for care to enhance the patient's quality of
life during adjustment, planning, and after end of life care.Life
is better with compassion!Patients and families near the end of
life should have a caregiver committed to the art, science, and
skill of delivering compassion.Death is a meaningful experience for
patients and loved ones. We only have one chance to get it
right.Delivering compassion the right way is not easy; it takes
skill, heart, commitment, and structure to do it well.We believe
the effort is worth the challenge because nobody should die
alone.Organizations can do more -and this industry can be better.
Crossroads exists because compassion should not be a
transaction.Everyone needs a business model. Compassionate teamwork
is the engine that runs our organization. We believe challenges
should not alter the heart of our organization, but instead, make
us stronger as a team. We aren't compromising our promise. We
believe in empowering our team to deliver compassion and build
stronger connections in our community.Look, we aren't blind to the
challenges in this business. The work we do is fulfilling to us. To
grow, listen, be heard, and be challenged as a team is standing up
for the heart of our organization.Position Qualifications:
- 1 year of prior social work experience preferably in Hospice,
Long Term Care, Home Care, or Acute Care environments.
- LSW required.
- Bachelor's Degree -Required.
- Licensed Master's Level Social Worker Preferred.
- License in Ohio Required.
- Medicare guideline experience preferred.Job Responsibilities:
- Assess and document patient/family social, emotional,
financial, and psychological needs as well as resources on the
- Assist patient and/or family with establishing DNR, advance
directives, and/or DPOA or Healthcare proxy as requested.
- Assess and arrange patient placement such as Long Term Care,
Assisted Living Facilities, and GIP -as dictated by patient/family
- Work in both Hospice and Palliative care Programs.Benefits:
- Be part of a team willing to grow, listen, be heard, and be
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO.
- Set the industry bar for the standard of care.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement.
- Ability to grow into a variety of different roles inside our
team and organization.
- Competitive Industry pay.Shift: -
- Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PMPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care, Lorain , LSW, Social Worker - Lorain County, Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!