Behavioral Health Urgent Care - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (APRN/Psych NP)
Company: The Nord Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Nord Center's Behavioral Health Urgent Care center will
provide immediate supportive services to community members so that
consumer needs are addressed before they become a crisis situation.
The Behavioral Health Urgent Care model addresses community gaps in
care by creating an entry point for ongoing behavioral health
services and provides an avenue for crisis management by triaging
patient needs by qualified behavioral health professionals. Aligned
with the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC)
model, the Behavioral Health Urgent Care center will offer improved
access to care by ensuring community members struggling with mental
health needs are seen expeditiously in a location meant to
immediately address the urgent behavioral health needs of any
Operating hours are 10 - 6 pm daily Monday through Friday. Location
is the Sheffield Office
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs psychiatric evaluations on new patients who have
received a clinical diagnostic assessment or as clinically
- Incorporates the new or revised medical treatment plan into the
existing Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Maintains necessary and required concurrent documentation
within the EHR.
- Conducts Peer Review activities as required.
- Attends Psychiatric, Clinical and other Agency meetings as
- Must work collaboratively with staff to coordinate care to
- Must complete documentation required to assist clients if
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, after an
orientation period, the employee must possess the following: a
working knowledge of Nord Center Policy and Procedures, including
sensitivity and adherence to clients' rights, confidentiality, and
health and safety issues. Must exhibit sensitivity to different
All time is spent in an office environment and involves substantial
client contact. The individual must be able to speak and
communicate clearly, both orally and in writing. The employee may
be required to sit for extended periods and will spend a portion of
their time on the telephone. A considerable amount of time will be
spent on a computer.
- Must hold a valid, unrestrictedAdvanced Practice Registered
NurseLicense in the State of Ohio and DEA License. Psych NP
certification is preferred.
- Must meet all requirements as set forth by licensing and
accrediting bodies as well as ODMH, CARF, and the Lorain County
Mental Health Addiction and Recovery Services Board.
- Must have basic computer skills and excellent documentation
- Eligible to be paneled by private insurers, Medicaid, and
- Should be able to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team
Experience in community or emergency psychiatry.
Keywords: The Nord Center, Lorain , Behavioral Health Urgent Care - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (APRN/Psych NP), Healthcare , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!