Housekeeper - Student Living
Company: Greystar Worldwide, LLC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Department of Residence Life and Housing at Cleveland State
University (CSU) and Greystar are excited to welcome candidates for
one of three (3) Housekeeper positions for CSU's residential
The Housekeepers report to the Maintenance Service Supervisor and
takes functional leadership from the Head Custodian. Housekeepers
perform tasks to ensure the overall cleanliness and proper
appearance of vacant units, offices, common areas, and other
amenities to enhance and maintain the appeal of the residential
communities, contributing to the overall health, well-being, and
success of CSU residential students.
- Cleans the offices, common areas and lounges, common-area
restrooms, model unit(s), amenities and vacant units daily or as
directed by the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures all vacant units and targeted show unit(s) are
freshened throughout the day to maintain readiness.
- Assists in the turn process by performing additional duties
requested by the Director for Housing Operations, Executive
Director of Residence Life and Housing, and/or department
- Informs appropriate supervisor of any observed hazard or
potentially dangerous situation to residents, team members, guests,
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of cleaning supplies and
informs the appropriate supervisor when a re-order is
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and
ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Greystar,
CSU, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by
immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to
improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and
standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by
attending internal and external training classes, research and/or
subscribing to the internet or other professional publications or
utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and
professional information and applies knowledge and practices to
area(s) of responsibility.
- Incumbents work both in and outside of buildings within a
college residential community and in all areas of the community,
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, paint fumes, solvents,
- Incumbents must be able to handle a variety of cleaning
chemicals, including some that may require pre-mixing.
- Incumbents must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach,
carry objects, and crawl in confined areas.
- Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver
weights of up to twenty-five (25) pounds independently and fifty
(50) pounds with assistance.
- Incumbents must be able to work inside and outside in all
weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Rare or regular travel may be required to attend training
classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the
accomplishment of some or all the daily responsibilities of this
- Incumbents must be able to work a flexible work schedule,
including weekends.Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Incumbents must have valid driver's license to operate a golf
cart within the communities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Read, understand, and comply with product labels and safety,
policy, and procedure manuals.
- Incumbents must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use
and maintenance of cleaning fluids and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a variety of
practical situations and follow standardized procedures.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication
skills to effectively interact with residents, families, team
members, and other business contacts and respond courteously to
questions and requests.
- Commitment to expand knowledge and awareness of diversity,
equity, and inclusion, understanding cultural differences, social
identities, and historical inequalities, and strategies for
interacting effectively with people different from oneself.
- Demonstrate a genuine appreciation working with diverse
audiences in a team environment.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time
team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in
addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may
participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are
also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits
from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Greystar Worldwide, LLC, Lorain , Housekeeper - Student Living, Hospitality & Tourism , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!