Customer Service Representative - Hiring Immediately
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Posted on: September 6, 2021
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
The Customer Experience Advocate I (CXA) interacts directly with
potential, new and existing customers. They work to provide a
quality experience in every step of the customer’s journey,
resulting in increased customer satisfaction and account retention
for the company. Customer Experience Advocate I will serve
customer inquiries, order processing, modifications to account
information, and handling of customer complaints in a contact
center environment. This role will follow up on customer
cases utilizing our customer relationship management system to
ensure customer inquiries and requests are handled completely and
in timely manner.
- Strong phone presence and interpersonal skills in making
inbound and outbound customer calls while delivering a positive
- Must have strong and clear communication skills with an ability
to use positive language and listen attentively
- Remains calm under pressure and works collaboratively with
customers and internal team members to address and serve the
- Works with high accuracy and manages time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and process all customer calls in a prompt and
- Determine the probable nature of each call by listening
carefully, researching customer records and asking questions for
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with callers, restating
information when necessary to ensure the customer’s
- Acknowledge and resolve customer concerns; promptly escalate
complaints when needed.
- Process orders, forms, applications, requests, and payments
- Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments
and complaints by recording clear, complete and concise
documentation in case management logs.
- Attend and collaboratively participate in staff meetings and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and within contact center
- Good problem-solving skills and asks for guidance when
- Good judgment and independent decision making within assigned
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal and listening
skills; demonstrates effective customer care with all customers
consistently and equally.
- Effectively communicates in English – verbal and
- Efficient and accurate use of systems and tools
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One to two years customer service experience; in a contact
- Demonstrated understanding of computer-based tools and
- Work occurs inside a contact center – potential for 24/7/365
day operations in future.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The
ability to use computer and telephone systems, visual, audio, and
manual dexterity capabilities are essential to the work.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally
protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such
positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied
hire on that basis.
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Lorain , Customer Service Representative - Hiring Immediately, Other , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!