Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 17, 2022
* Sets up sterile table assuring appropriate supplies, drugs, and
equipment are available.
* Participates with RN in counting all sponges, instruments, etc.,
at appropriate times during the surgical procedure.
* Assists in draping patient.
* Assists surgical team members with gowning and gloving.
* Assures aseptic condition is maintained by the scrubbed surgical
team throughout the procedure. Provides for patient safety by
actively participating in the intraop "timeout."
* Utilizes other safety measures such as safety belts, positioning
devices and alarms.
* Collects, identifies and labels specimens removed during surgical
procedures; gives specimens to circulator for disposition per
* If in an Ambulatory setting the following duties may be
* Coordinates surgical and clinical schedules.
* Assists with outpatient clinic flow.
* Provides information to patient and family.
* Assists with coordinating outpatient procedure room cases and
* Assists with orientation of new hires.
* Works on unit committees.
* Assists with marketing and practice development.
* Coordinates studies for section.
* Answers patient phone calls, gathers information and relays to
* Performs post-op phone calls and relays information to
* Provides information back to patient based on provider
* Scribes for provider in outpatient clinic.
* Other duties as assigned.
* If hired prior to August 1, 2015 completion of a Surgical
Technology Program required or Licensed Practical Nurse required.
If hired August 1, 2015 or later, Surgical Technology Program
accredited through CAAHEP or ABHES required. Completion of military
surgical technology program will meet the requirements of an
accredited Surgical Technology Program.
* Effective July 15, 2021, certification as a surgical technologist
waives the educational requirement for hire. Acceptable
certifications for this route are TS-C (through the National Center
for Competency Training) or CST (through the National Board of
Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting).
* Certification preferred for candidates from accredited surgical
technology programs. Certification (CST, TS-C) required for
candidates who have not completed an accredited Surgical Technology
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
Complexity of Work:
* Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
* Must be able to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative
relations with patients and others contacted in the course of work
and able to empathize with patients suffering from physical or
* None required.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
* Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
* Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds and
ability to push, pull, and navigate supply carts weighing > than
75 pounds periodically.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions of working irregular
* Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Performs scrub functions. Assists in circulating duties under the
direction of a Registered Nurse and maintains professional growth
and development through an ongoing process of formal and informal
education. Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive
response in the work place.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , SurgicalTechnician, Other , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!