Company: Sprenger Health Care Systems
Posted on: May 18, 2023
About Sprenger Health Care Systems
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 15 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
2 years of experience in long term care, administrator's license.
As an Administrator in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
Essential Job Functions:
* Operate the facility in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the governing body in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
* Prepare written policies regarding duties and activities of facility staff.
* Enforce the facility policies and procedures.
* Define standard operating procedures for physician practices.
* Act as liaison to the governing body for the medical, nursing, and other professional staffs and all facility departments.
* Prepare all reports required by management.
* Prepare written personnel policies and individual job descriptions.
* Supervise all department supervisors and administrative staff.
* Supervise the recruitment, employment, performance, evaluation, promotion, and discharge of all staff.
* Assume responsibility with department supervisors of ensuring adequate staffing.
* Be responsible for all financial transactions.
* Supervise the confidentiality and safe storage of current and closed resident records, personnel records, and physical plant records with regulatory requirements.
* Cooperate with the bookkeeping and purchasing departments to assume responsibility for ensuring the proper disbursement of money, as needed, and proper recording of such transactions.
* Ensure that all necessary supplies are purchases and available.
* Participate in the scheduling, planning, and procuring of materials and information for staff meeting and in-service education programs.
* Develop relationships with community agencies providing services of benefit to the facility.
* Develop one-to-one relationships with residents and families.
* Arrange with appropriate state and legal agencies of the guardianship of those residents in need.
* Assume responsibility for notifying appropriate state and local agencies of the transfer, temporary or permanent discharge, or death of any resident receiving Medicaid funds.
* Inform appropriate agencies of changes in facility personnel, as required.
* Serve as an active member of all committees, where applicable.
* Arbitrate complaints and disputes concerning residents, families, or personnel.
* Assume responsibility for reviewing and evaluating all recommendations of the facility's committees and consultants.
* Interpret all federal, state, and local regulations for the facility staff.
* Establish systems to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
* Act as a liaison between the facility and regulatory agencies.
* Act as a liaison between the facility and all resident advocacy agencies.
* Act as a liaison between the facility and all fiscal intermediaries.
* Perform other related duties as directed by the Corporate Board or Directors.
* Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 20 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
About Sprenger Health Care Systems
Keywords: Sprenger Health Care Systems, Lorain , Administrator, Other , Lorain, Ohio
here to apply!