Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 7, 2022
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and
emotional conditions to RN.
- These include but are not limited to vital signs, weights,
assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily
living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care
testing, application of external monitoring devises , and further
technical skills of phlebotomy, clean dressing changes, 12-lead ECG
's, and insertion of urinary Foley Catheters.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical
knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing
process of formal and informal education.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma/GED.Certifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) -required within new hire period.
- Nursing students required to have BLS prior to hire.Complexity
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading
comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- One year of recent, full-time patient care experience.
- Additional education/training may substitute for some/all of
the stated experience (i.e. mental health experience).
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one
clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program
may substitute the clinical rotation for the required
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force rarely, and/or
0 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Lorain , Clinical Technician, Professions , Lorain, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!