Company: Cedar Point - One Cedar Point Drive Sandusky, Ohio
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Overview:This position is responsible for managing construction
projects, primarily capital, but also some maintenance projects
that involve outside contractors from approval through completion.
Works with architects, engineers, structural, civil, electrical and
mechanical; ride manufacturers; city, county and state authorities;
fire department; health department; numerous outside contractors
and engineers; Cedar Fair Corporate Design team; and all divisions
within Cedar Point from establishing project scopes through the
completion of the actual construction project. The Construction
Manager establishes project budgets through research, estimating
and experience and continually updates and modifies budgets and
provides financial reports to the Director of Maintenance and
Construction, VP of Maintenance and Construction, and the General
- Prepares annual department budget and monitors on a continual
basis. Provides input for developing budgets for future Capital
projects and monitors budgets for those projects.
- Compiles, evaluates, negotiates and awards contracts with
consultants, contractors and vendors. When bids exceed budget,
initiates, executes, and negotiates changes to the scope and design
with the design group and contractors bidding the work.
- Creates scopes of work for architects, engineers and
contractors for all phases of Capital & EWO projects. Works with
architects and engineers during the beginning phase of the project
to complete designs according to established drawings completed by
Cedar Fair Corporate Design team and outside architects.
- Manages all capital construction projects to be completed
according to plans and specifications.
- Manages all projects to ensure they are completed on time and
within budget. Ensures the availability of all needed materials and
equipment for the smooth and efficient completion of all
- Manages all projects to minimize the impact on park operations,
and to ensure a safe environment is provided for Cedar Point
guests, employees, and contractors.
- Works with hazardous material engineers and contractors on the
demolition of required projects to ensure compliance with all
Federal, State and local requirements.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park
policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO
policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all
aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.Qualifications:
- Construction Administration and Engineering Degree
- 5 - 7 Years related experience in Construction and Project
- Driver's License required
- Working knowledge of City, County and State construction and
building codes and guidelines
- Proven experience in estimating construction projects and
- At least five years of project superintendent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CAD
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Cedar Point - One Cedar Point Drive Sandusky, Ohio, Lorain , Construction Supervisor, Professions , Sandusky, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!