Manufacturing Material Handler (1st Shift)
Company: Shurtape Technologies, LLC
Posted on: October 21, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Select and deliver the correct bulk material/components to
manufacturing in a timely manner. Cartons of product are stacked on
wooden pallets as directed by the SAP. Pallets are moved using
powered tow motors, clamp trucks, pallet jacks, or narrow aisle
equipment. Orders are brought to the appropriate manufacturing work
centers in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as
* Support safety, housekeeping, 5S, and preventative maintenance
initiatives as required.
* Follow established standard operating procedures (SOPs) if
* Demonstrate basic safety procedures at work centers, in the Raw
Material Warehouse, and in other work areas.
* Support the company's culture and values by promoting
communication, teamwork, and respectful treatment of all
* Perform battery maintenance as required.
* Must report any damage to equipment, racks, or product.
* Must report and/or correct any unsafe conditions in the Raw
* Must follow Raw Material expectation criteria for covering,
banding, wrapping or protecting our inventory.
* Communicate any inventory inconsistencies to the coach or team
* Use personal protective equipment when required.
* Operate a handheld radio frequency (RF) computer terminal to
facilitate movement of product and pallets.
* Pull and put-away all orders accurately and completely.
* Stack cartons/pallets neatly to minimize damage or potential for
* Assist in the movement of inventory to and from any area or
department as required.
* Complete all paperwork or electronic data in a timely manner.
* Performs special projects as assigned by the Manufacturing
* Knowledge of SAP.
* Knowledge of Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) practices.
* Complete Supplier Cost Recovery Form as required and forward to
* Adhere to company's policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Able to use and read work order selection and product movement
* Able to operate a motorized pallet jack, narrow aisle, forklift,
and tow motor.
* Must be able to demonstrate the basic requirements for safely
operating powered industrial equipment.
* Able to perform multiple tasks.
* Work requires effective math skills.
* Must demonstrate a professional attitude toward work and
* Must be punctual and dependable. (Arriving to work, showing for
overtime, managing break times, etc.)
* High School or GED equivalent preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Work requires hearing, mental and visual attention.
* Able to lift 50 lbs., able to bend and lift frequently, and able
to work around dust.
This is a fast-paced work environment with consistent pressure to
complete duties as outlined above which requires ability to manage
multiple projects at a detailed level and provide support to many
internal departments in a fast-changing environment. Many duties
listed above are time-sensitive and have strict deadlines for
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Lorain , Manufacturing Material Handler (1st Shift), Professions , Avon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!